I facilitate workshops on:
- Member-led community organizing
- Creative protest chant development
- Direct action planning, including building Energy Teams to enhance the sound, visuals and participation
- Anti-racism/white privilege
- Understanding U.S. immigration as it relates to power
- How to tell your story publicly
- Building a culture of storytelling in your organization
I coach community organizers, grassroots leaders and directors of social justice organizations in:
- Developing grassroots leadership
- Constructing successful organizing campaigns that result in concrete changes
- Leadership transitions
- Developing radical relationships, within the organization and with funders
- Creating a schedule of work and personal balance to maintain energy for the long haul
I tell stories, true stories about real people who have done amazing things through organizing collectively, and am available for performance at conferences, seminars, gatherings, events; as an opening act for musicians, bands and other storytellers; or as a headlining artist. These stories are often interspersed with protest songs from around the globe and musical accompaniment.
I was introduced to organizing through stories. My hope for my performances is that you will find inspiration in the stories I have learned that will spark something in your own community’s organizing efforts.